- Firsthand experiences of finasteride — Volume VComments on adverse effects of finasteride gathered from social media.
- Firsthand experiences of finasteride — Volume IV: FOIA editionFollowing are men’s reports of symptoms they attributed to finasteride. Reports to FDA were obtained by Freedom of Information Act … Read more
Welcome. This site provides evidence and commentary about the risks of finasteride as a treatment for hair loss. It is geared to patients, former users of finasteride, doctors, researchers and anyone else interested. More background on this site is here.
- Thinking about taking finasteride for hair loss? See drug information.
- For a historical perspective, see the finasteride timeline which starts with a study in Dominican Republic in the early 1970s.
- A research briefing highlights findings from two recent systematic reviews/meta-analyses.
- The research bibliography gathers hundreds of papers on adverse effects of finasteride and other 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. See also Research by symptom, Systematic reviews & meta-analyses and Related research.
- Firsthand experiences
- Finding the occasion to talk about persistent adverse effects of finasteride
- ‘Safe and well-tolerated’: Arguments used to discredit reports of persistent adverse effects
- Research briefing on adverse effects of finasteride
- A history of changes to the Propecia label
Adverse effects Anxiety Bias Denial and skepticism Dermatologists Doctor views Drug label FDA Firsthand reports Hair transplant surgeons Merck Nocebo effect Persistent adverse effects Post-finasteride syndrome Psychological adverse effects Recoveries Research Sexual dysfunction Shame and stigma Sleep disturbances Social attitudes Tinnitus